Covid-19 Salon Update
Find out what we are doing, what we have done and how we are working to keep our customers and staff safe.
Firstly we hope you, your family and friends are safe and well, thank you for all your support and kind messages through this very difficult time along with your patience in booking appointments with us.
We want to give you the official guidelines so you are prepared to attend your appointment in the correct and safe manner along with any other changes to the salon you should know about, which will be listed and explained below;
- To help with social distancing please arrive at your appointment slot on time, please DO NOT arrive early, you will have to wait in your car or outside the salon otherwise.
- There will be no waiting area/sofa in the salon because of the above.
- Please only enter the salon when your stylist is ready to greet you and bring you in, if you are outside we will call you into the salon.
- We will greet you warmly but we can not hug or handshake with you.
- A large 5Lr sanitizer will be on display at the entrance door and must be used as you enter.
- Please attend with your own mask; we only have limited disposable masks for guests to purchase at £1.50 so we would really appreciate it if you can arrive with your own.
- All guests will receive a contract tracing form to sign in the salon; we are hoping to call you with these questions prior to your arrival to your appointment, which then you just need to sign on arrival.
- Most importantly, please stay at home if you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms of Covid-19, or if any person in your household is unwell, we will not charge you a cancellation fee if you have to cancel due to this reason.
- Please ensure you give other guests the appropriate distance when necessary.
- Please DO NOT bring other guests with you to your appointment, family members that have appointments one after another will need to come on time to their booking slot, we are not allowing pairs to hang around and wait for each other whilst a service is taking place, this Is simply due to not having the space and the number of heads in the salon at one time.
- Use contactless payments when possible at the reception area or cashless is possible.
- No refreshments will be handed out during your appointment, so if you feel you need to bring a drink please bring with you (sorry I know you love our coffee and biscuits).
- No reading material will be available – magazines/books if you have a longer appointment please feel free to bring your own reading material with you.
- Clients must minimize what they bring into the salon as you will be asked to keep all belongings with you, only essential items to your appointment perhaps just your purse/wallet, no extra bags, shopping bags or coats (obviously if raining we don’t expect you to come without a coat) and of course we can allow the above as mentioned.
- If you have any further concerns please call the salon and we can answer any questions you may have to ensure you with our COVID procedure.
- Paper towels will be placed in the bathroom, please dispose of these in the appropriate bin after washing your hands.
- Please phone the salon or book online if you want to make an appointment – don’t come into the salon to book.
Staff & salon guidelines
- We will use non-contact greeting methods.
- We will clean and sanitize our hands in between clients.
- Only to use fresh clean gowns and towels, we have brought extra material gowns so that each individual guest has their own gown and not shared (we did not like the thought of all the plastic being disposed of for our environment).
- Laundry will be completed at the end of each evening, as we have plenty of towels and gowns now to use throughout the day, this will be put on a 60-degree wash.
- All brushes, combs, scissors and styling equipment will be sterilized between guests; all equipment will be placed in barbicide and wrapped in Clingfilm for the next quest.
- Distancing between clients of one meter with the chairs.
- Disinfect surfaces regularly, chairs, benches, doorknobs, front desk and bathroom.
- Stylists will be wearing visors and all relevant PPE.
- Stylists will be wearing gloves were appropriate.
- The front door will be open and windows when possible to give good ventilation throughout the salon.
- When beauty services are allowed to return back to the salon, a separate entrance has been opened to separate the two so there is less traffic in the main front area to the salon.
- We have rearranged the salon space to adhere to social distancing and create more room.
- We have undertaken our risk assessment, a thorough review of the salon and our services.
- Extended hours to the salon, earlier mornings and later evenings will take place to accommodate all the bookings.
- All members of the team have undertaken COVID training in cleaning and barbicide tests allocating us with certificates.
- Staff have been split up so that there are not so many of us in one area at one time.
- Staff are aware and have been briefed not to come to work if they have a temperature, or are feeling unwell, or any person in their household is unwell.
- We have extended appointment times.
Please note we need to add a £5.00 surcharge to all colour services due to the sheer fact of the length of roots upon our return meaning more usage of colour and stock.
Take a look at our updated price list on our website.
As we are no longer providing printed copies, there are downloadable copies online.
Please also note we no longer have WET CUTS on the menu, as this is not good hairdressing practice – in order to check the cut correctly and see the finished product (Us hairdressers feel it’s a job half done, so we still spend the same amount of time to try and rough-dry the hair fully to check over the cut).
For existing clients that normally book wet cuts, we won’t take them away totally from you but there will be an increase in price.
No offers will be allocated until the near future as we need to get back on our feet, this also means loyalty cards and money off will not be allowed, but we have tweaked our loyalty system so you still gain a treat from us.
Please note stylist Lucy has moved up a level onto the menu and her title is now added as ‘Designer artist’.
Nicole will be allocating training days on a Monday to the apprentices as the salon will be difficult to allocate training to the future artists whilst dealing with the new way of running the salon, so as soon as this is put in place we will be calling out for some models.
The online booking will appear different when booking your appointments from now on as the system will ask for your card details which will be securely taken and stored for the protection of no shows.
We would like to remind you of the cancellation policy if you fail to show to your appointment and you do not provide us with a 24-hour notice in cancelling we will charge you a 50% cancellation fee of the value of the current treatment that was booked.
Please be respectful in attending to all appointments as they are very precious to each staff member as we work on a self-employed basis and this is our lively hood.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you.
Nicole & team x